"What's new with you"

My answer to this question is always something like "Christmas is 7 days away", or "just enjoying my day off" or something quick that can be discussed for about 20 seconds...but what really is new with me?
In all honesty, this pregnancy has been magnificent.  I feel fantastic.  I'm just as active as I always am if not more, still finding time to work out at least 5 days a week while working, cleaning, shopping, cooking, and taking care of Deacon.  Today at the gym, a woman who we see working every time we come in said "I'm not just saying this, I see a lot of kids, and yours is so adorable!  He's just always got a smile and is so sweet".  I hear this at least 3 times a day from strangers when I take him out.  My son is such a charmer, not only to strangers, but to his mommy especially.  Every new day I wake up, I'm excited to see him, and I don't want to give him up during the day, because he is what makes the day worthwhile and fun.  I can't say enough about how much he means to me and how he has impacted my life and the lives of his family members.  I told Eric this awhile back, that the name Deacon means "to serve", and I wish we would have named his middle name the meaning of "joy", because that's what he does all day---serves joy.  I can't tell you how many elderly people or people who are out and about by themselves tell me that he has made their day by simply smiling at them, waving to them, or blowing them a kiss.
I find myself shopping for kids toys more than anything else, and wanting to watch "The Polar Express" more than any other movie right now, and getting excited to put up the Christmas decor because I know he'll see it.  It's like getting to live my childhood all over again, but better!  Although there are some things about having another baby that worry me, I'm beyond excited and can't wait to see what it's like :).  11 more weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts