Getting closer to the end...?

So...
...
To all of you who keep asking "how do you feel?" or "are you ready?" or "do you think he's coming soon"...
I have no clue.  Half of the time, I feel ok. The other half, I'm in a lot of pain.  It feels like intense menstrual cramps that don't go away.  Do I think he's coming soon? I thought he was coming 2 weeks ago! lol I have no idea what anything feels like or anything to expect.  STOP ASKING SUCH HARD QUESTIONS! :) I'm not going to sit there and whine to you about how much pain I'm in, because truth is it could always be worse.  I am very anxiously waiting on those horrible pains to come, I can't WAIT for them...but I just have no idea what to expect.  I hear so many of you say "oh you're still so tiny!" or "I can't believe you're still working out!" Well, it's not like I go to the gym excited to workout.  Truth is it's not much fun for me to walk on a treadmill or get on the elliptical for 30+ minutes and a lot of times it's just to give me some extra energy so I don't go to coffee for some extra pep in my step.  I want to keep moving! I want to get him out as soon as I can!

To all of my non pregnant girlfriends-
10 things to really soak in to make you appreciate these little every day things:
1. Bending over easily
2. Having energy
3. Being able to work out hard or run or ride a bike (take advantage of this!)
4. Going to the bar with your friends, heck even having a drink at home!
5. Tanning in that oh so lovely warm relaxing bed
6. Sleeping on your belly!
7. Sleeping at all!
8. Being able to stand on your feet for long periods of time
9. Being able to lift things and go a little hard on your body
10. ...having awesome sex.  Lets just say this one is at the top of the list.

I know these may seem insignificant for now, but just wait! This whole pregnancy has been very wonderful and I've been very blessed, but that doesn't mean I'm one of those girls who is gonna say "ohh i loved being pregnant!".  No.  I HATE being pregnant most days.  But...here are my top 10 plus sides to it :)

1. I have excuses to skip out on strenuous labor and can relax a little more
2. I got to work part time which was AWESOME
3. You don't have to feel fat, because it's supposed to be there. it's the only time a big belly will be looked at as beautiful
4. I eat mostly what I want
5. Buying things for the baby and decorating their nursery is wayyy better than Christmas!
6. You do kind of get a glow, just an overall happy feeling every day knowing what's to come
7. I have an excuse when I'm cranky and get cut some slack
8. You have something to look forward to every day, whether it's a countdown, an ultrasound, an update on how he's growing...anything.  Just knowing he's coming soon makes me feel more fulfilled
9. Your hair gets longer and acne goes away
10. You keep a REALLY clean house

Pregnancy has had it's fun moments.  It's also had its awful moments.  I'm glad I was able to experience these though! But...I am definately ready to be back to my non pregnant self.

Praying it's closer to the end

Comments

Popular Posts