Customer Service: Where has it gone? 3 places to avoid near Collinsville, IL

I am an employee of Sizzor Shak Salon in Collinsville, IL.  My boss is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet.  Since starting my job there in June of 2010, I was taught how Linda likes her customers to be treated.  In my opinion, Sizzor Shak's employee's have amazing customer service.


With that said- here are some of the customer service experiences I've had just within this past month
****Shogun: This is my favorite place to have lunch. I've gotten my mom and husband hooked on their sushi specials, and we frequent this place OFTEN.  On mother's day with my family, I was served mussels...with melted fish eggs mixed with cheese as the topper.  Never have I had this on top of mussels before, no pictures on the internet showed mussels being served like this, never was it in the description that I read on the menu, and never have I become so nauseous after taking a bite out of something.  I thought about letting it go, but I couldn't stomach eating it.  When the waitress asked how everything was, I informed her of what I just said.  She was not willing to do anything about it.  It wasn't until my dad asked to speak to her manager, that she left and came back with an offer.  We were allowed to pick a different appetizer from the menu...after 30 minutes and 3 trips of her telling us there's nothing she could do.****

****Donatello's- aka the old Alfonzo's:  While I do like their food, and have never had an issue there before, I did have a huge issue with their customer service on my second visit.  My Grandma- who is in here 80's- recently got a new bf.  We were all excited to meet him for lunch and get to know him.  He orders the mild wings, and when he receives them, begins eating them very slow and we notice he has barely eaten one.  When the waitress comes by to ask how it was, he says "super spicy, I thought I ordered mild", she says sorry and walks away.  The owner later comes by to ask how everyone's food is.  He mentions the subject again, " I ordered mild wings and these are super hot, I can't even eat them".  The owner replies "oooh ya! Our mild wings are still super spicy! Good aren't they?!"....umm pretty sure he just complained that they weren't.  He replied "They're too hot, I ordered mild because I can't handle spice"...ok anyone can sympathize with a man in his 80's having an aversion to spicy food, come onnnnn.  "Well you should've ordered the sauce on the side, cuz they're hot!" says the owner (seeming extremely excited about his wings still).  Owner walks away, never offers to fix the problem and never apologizes.  Keep in mind, my dad frequents this place very often, and the owner still didn't value him enough to give his guest proper customer service.****

****Osborn Cleaners:  I have been to this place 2 times.  The first time, the lady at the window had horrible customer service skills.  She was very snappy, angry, and rude when I was dropping off my husband's dress clothes.  I had to ask her for a price quote because she wasn't going to give me one, and I have no clue how expensive dry cleaning is since this was my first time.  The second trip, my husband dropped off our comforter and sheets.  She replied "sheets?! people don't usually do sheets..." and then takes them, doesn't ask how we want them done, and says they'll be done in 2 days.  Today, I went to pick the laundry up.  My total for the thin comforter and sheets was $70.  I replied "whattttt, haha we weren't given a price quote on that! That's a lot!".  She says "well most people don't get their sheets done"...to which I replied "well if I would have been given a quote on how much they were, I wouldn't have dropped them off".  Later on, I called back and offered them a proposition.  "I live 2 blocks down the road from this place.  I'll offer you a deal.  If you can make this situation right and give us a price we are happy paying, we will be happy to always have you do our laundry.  If you choose not to, then I'll pay the price I'm told to and we will find another cleaners to do business with".  I thought this was fair.  2-3 minutes go by of hearing voices in the background.  She comes back on the phone, "Here's what we're gonna do, you can pay the original price, and if you aren't happy with it, then you can do your next business elsewhere".****


In my opinion, this is not how you handle business.  When my customers are not happy, I work my butt off until they are!  If they pay for a service they want, I have come in on my day off to work for free to give them what they originally asked for.  If I give my customers a quote, I do my best to stick to that price, even if I have an extra hour of work that ends up getting put into it.  I want my customers to come back!  I value them, I am kind to them, and they are my friends.  I never treat them like I am better than them, or talk down to them, or refuse to give them my best.  Where have the values gone for these businesses?  Have they become so busy that they don't value each person's individual business?  At this point in my life, I will not return to a poor serving business.  If you desire to be treated as a paying customer, I suggest you avoid these 3 places.

Comments

Popular Posts