Rant on how I've become "that" woman

I always heard women talk about life after marriage and babies.  I thought I'd be the exception to the rule.  1.HECKK no I'm not gonna let myself go and wear sweats every day! 2.I'll always be all over my husband no matter how tired the baby makes me, I'll make "love" time for us when the baby is sleeping, 3.I'll still get to do everything I used to, I'll just bring the baby! 4.I'm not gonna cry at the drop of the hat, I'll have control of my post baby hormones, I'll keep a calm attitude so my son can grow up in a peaceful hippie home, 5.Oh and I'll also home cook every meal and become Suzy Homemaker!   YAAAA RIGHT!
It's official, I have become a true wife and mom.
1.While making time to dress cute for work, I'm always wearing warm comfy sweats at home, why? Because, my baby will soon drool, spit up, or poop/pee on them and I'm heading to the gym anyways sometime today, so lets just rock the sweats permanently!
2~I am definately NOT the needy girl I used to be.  If my man tries to stop me from what I''m doing to distract me with romance, betta watch out! They don't call me Anna Pirhana for nothing...don't stop me from the task I'm doing for romance or I'll bite your head off.
 Making time for lovey stuff?? ha.  By the time Deacon is finally asleep, I get in my pj's, brush my teeth, get settled and start to drift off to sleep...don't THINK of waking this beast.  I'm dead tired by now and there's no hope left for the hubs.  sorry boutcha.  Having a baby really does make you schedule this, and I CAN"T believe I'd ever say that!
3~ Well, bars don't accept babies...and eating out for a nice dinner interrupted by a baby who needs to eat/be changed isn't as fun as it sounds, this momma has been made to become more of a home body than I ever expected to be (not to mention where's the extra spending money?)
4~ I can't even watch "a baby story", or the news, or read aol...pretty much can't do anything without balling
5~ Have you ever taken a trip to the grocery store with a baby? There's no room in the cart, I have to bring all of the bags in with the baby and diaper bag and unload them with the small chance that he will be calm on his own.  This wife and momma avoids fancy cooked meals as much as possible.  lets stick to simplicity!

Like I said, I'm a completely different person, I'm finally admitting to all of these things you old married momma's talk about...andddd I love it :)

Comments

Popular Posts