Anti Religion- my new belief system

Lately, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a human, and so many things have not yet been revealed to me.  During discussions with other Christians, I will admit that "I don't know" when it comes to the future, what the Bible "has laid out for us" isn't set in stone and factual to me.  When I say this, it freaks people out, and I must admit that through my upbringing, it stirs up a little guilt in me to vocalize that I don't believe something will happen just because the Bible says it will...but why should I feel guilty for questioning my beliefs? Shouldn't we all have the freedom to do this? Should we just believe what we've been taught, like the children who grow up following their religion based on their families and the countries they live in?  No.  I don't believe this is anything I should feel guilt about.
"I don't know."  To some, there's fear in those words, but to me, they've finally given me closure and peace.  I'm leaving my future up to the God of the Universe!  What more peace do I need?  He created me, he blesses me, keeps me happy and safe...what's wrong with leaving the unknown in His hands and being at peace with that?  So many believers take the Bible as fact for fact on what it says...I'm sorry, but I'm not one of them.  Very knowledgeable men wrote each passage that we have.  Yes, I believe they were good men who did experience Jesus and have info that is interesting to read about.  Do I believe they were imperfect men? DUH!  Do imperfect men create perfection? NO!  For people to tell me that the Bible is the INFALLIBLE Word of God goes against my life experiences.  Imperfection can not create perfection.  I believe the Bible is a book of good information.  The facts may be 100% true, but there also is most likely imperfections in the book as well...unless Jesus wrote it all himself and we all know he didn't.
Here's the gist of what I'm trying to say-
I believe in God, and Jesus his son.  The other facts are irrelevant to me.  I cannot prove that they are true, and really, I DON'T CARE!  Why do people get so mad at each other for different beliefs that aren't important?  "Babies shouldn't be baptized", "Jesus isn't his own person, he's God", "When you die, you go straight to Heaven" vs. "Babies should be baptized", "Jesus is his own person, and God is His Father", "When you die, you sleep until the resurrection".
Why are people so divided over this issue? How do you know for sure what's gonna happen when you die IF YOU'VE NEVER DIED?!

It's so comical to me anymore.  While my new belief system is scary to some, I'm so thankful for the peace it has brought to me.  I read the Bible still, and love the info that it gives me.  It's truly inspirational and gives me so much information on the past.  I love my God more than I can express, and can see all that He's done for me in my life.  I just wish the division between different belief systems didn't exist.  Stubbornness needs to go home.  Get out.  Quit dividing people who believe in the same God.

I hope that those of you who have struggled with this like me can maybe find closure in saying "I don't know" as I have.  There's something humbling about putting your full trust in God and giving your future up to Him. No longer do I have to worry about tomorrow.  No longer do I have to be ruled by details.  No longer will I be a part of this division based on different facts believed to be true.

With that being said, I do glorify my God, and give Him credit for every blessing in my life.  I will continue to let HIM guide me, and HIM alone...not the next person to tell me their beliefs.  We are all different for a reason, and are all entitled to our own belief system <3

Comments

Popular Posts